Your writing challenge for the weekend is about the history of your story’s world. It’s relatively straightforward. You can freehand some information about it, or use these questions as a springboard for more ideas:
1. How did this world come to be?
2. Where is it located?
3. What language do the people speak?
4. What is the form of government? How did it come to be?
5. What is the class-system like?
6. What wars have been fought? How have these shaped the world? Were they civil wars or wars fought with other countries? Did they win or lose?
7. Are there historical landmarks? What kind are they?
8. What kind of laws and punishments are there?
9. Is it a prosperous country or a poor country?
10. What kind of currency is there?
I hope these questions help you in thinking about the history of your story’s world. Join me next week for my post about the people of your world!