A few days ago, my good friend L. N. Holmes of A Vase of Wildflowers nominated me for the Liebster Award. It’s a cool “chain letter” award that recognizes bloggers and helps others discover new bloggers. So a big thank you to LeeAnn! Here goes!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Now to answer the questions:
1. Name the title(s) of your favorite book(s).
“The Forest of Hands and Teeth” by Carrie Ryan, “A Great and Terrible Beauty” (and the entire series) by Libba Bray, “The Good Earth” by Pearl S. Buck, “The Luxe” (and the entire series) by Anna Godberson, “Intensity” by Dean Koontz, “The Hunger Games” by Suzanne Collins, “Water for Elephants” by Sarah Gruen, and the Bible, just to name a few.
2. In your opinion, what came first, the chicken or the egg?
The chicken because simple logic will tell you that an egg has to be incubated in order to hatch. If there was no chicken to sit on that egg, it would have never hatched, thus leaving us without chickens.
3. What’s your favorite knock-knock joke?
One that my fiance Kirk always likes to tell:
It makes me laugh every time.
4. What’s your favorite artistic genre?
Writing! I’ve been writing ever since I learned how to hold a pencil and make letters. Second to that would be drawing. Just simple pencil sketches, really. I used to do it all the time, but I haven’t drawn anything in a while. I kind of miss it.
5. What was your favorite game as a kid?
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina or Time. Hands down, best game ever.
6. Name some of your favorite magazines (literary or otherwise).
I don’t read a whole lot of magazines (shame, shame says everyone reading this). I’m more of a book person. My favorite magazine is Fitness and I also enjoy looking through People every now and then.
7. What writing style annoys you the most?
Constant short, choppy sentences. I mean, they’re okay to use some of the time, but I started to read a book where the author wrote almost entirely in fragmented sentences. It drove me nuts and I had to quit. Also, if an author spends too much time on back-story and doesn’t get into the action soon enough. Or if the author excessively “tells” versus “showing”.
8. What writer have you discovered recently?
Well, neither are new by any means, but a few months ago I was reading a lot of Dean Koontz. Now I’m reading my first of Stephen King.
9. Why did you choose to start your blog?
To help get my name out to the public and create a place where people can get to know me, which would be especially helpful after I get published. I’ve never really blogged before, but so far I love it. So now it’s partly for fun too 🙂
10. Who is most likely to achieve world domination?
Me! Haha, no. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a better bet. I mean, he is the terminator, after all.
11. Explain yourself! Or just give us a quick quip of what makes you, you.
I’m always horrible at this! Haha. Lets see…I’m a writer, Christian, animal lover, and a chocoholic. But out of all of that, my faith is truly what makes me and defines who I am as a person.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m a huge Skillet fan. Seriously. I could listen to their music all day.
2. My first “story” was a take-off of The Black Stallion movie. I was eight when I wrote it.
3. In my life, I have owned some dogs, several cats, some ducks, and a few chickens.
4. I’m really not good at math. At all.
5. I don’t like coffee. I know, that’s a writer stereotype, but I really can’t stand it.
6. My fiance is actually my first (and only!) boyfriend. I didn’t plan to marry my first boyfriend. It just worked out like that.
7. I enjoy writing poetry based on Bible verses. Its kind of like a form of worship to me.
8. I took a horseback riding class in college. It was so much fun! I’ve loved horses ever since I was little.
9. I’m terrified of needles and doctors. Before I even get called back, I’m in tears in the waiting room. And then if I have to have blood drawn, I hyperventilate. No joke.
10. Most people who know me wouldn’t think I enjoy Duck Dynasty, but I do! It’s one of my favorite shows.
11. To that point, I’m not a redneck. I’m a Southern girl. Trust me, there’s a very big difference.
Now for my nominations:
Your questions, if you choose to accept the award:
1. What got you started blogging?
2. What kind of movies/books do you enjoy?
3. What is your favorite pastime?
4. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
5. What’s the best advice you ever received (about anything)?
6. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
7. Do you write anything else besides blog articles? If so, what?
8. If you could speak to yourself as a child, what would you say?
9. If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be?
10. What is one surprising thing about you that most people wouldn’t know upon meeting you?
11. What is your favorite quote?